Kitchen cabinets situated near a stove often become greasy victims of fried food. This greasy mess is easily removed using everyday household items and without harsh chemicals.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Clean cloth or paper towels
- Citrus-based cleaner
- White distilled vinegar
Combine 3 tbsp baking soda with 1 cup hot water. Mix well.
Apply to greasy area with a warm sponge (hot water helps remove the grease). Rinse with a clean sponge and wipe dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Spray a citrus cleaner on the greasy mess, then wipe with the hot sponge until no grease remains. Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Form a paste with white distilled vinegar and baking soda to cut grease without using a chemical-based cleaner. Combine 1/2 cup baking soda with 1/4 cup vinegar to form a paste, then rub on greasy cabinets and let sit for 20 minutes. Wipe clean with a warm sponge and dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Remove Grease From Kitchen Cabinets the Natural Way
Tips and warnings
- One alternative is to use a damp sponge that has been microwaved for 30 seconds. Handle the steaming sponge with rubber gloves, as it will be hot.
- If you have food caked on your cabinets, dampen with hot water and clean using one of the above methods. If it remains, use a butter knife to gently loosen the food, then repeat your cleaning method.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for