Most of the time, a vinyl basketball net will last for a significant amount of time. If the net is used outdoors, it should probably last for at least 2 or 3 years. If it is used indoors, it can last even longer. Still, occasions arise when basketball nets need to be replaced. When new basketball hoops are purchased, there is another opportunity to hang a basketball net.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Basketball hoop
- Basketball net
- Step ladder
Place the ladder about a foot away from the centre of the basketball hoop and open it up. With the net in your hand, climb the ladder until your eyes are at about the same height as the basketball hoop.
Find the 12 eyelets that surround the bottom part of the basketball hoop. At each of these eyelets is an area where the net should be hung.
Grab one of the loops at the top of the net and place it on the inside of the basketball hoop. Pull the net over the elevated part of the eyelet, and then use your index finger to tuck it into the part of the eyelet that turns inward toward the middle of the hoop.
Pull snugly on the net. This will secure the loop of the net into place and ensure that it will not come loose when it is being played on.
Repeat steps three and four 11 more times to place the loops of the hoop onto each of the eyelets. You may want to move the ladder to the other side of the rim after you have hung the first six loops of the basketball net to the rim.
Tips and warnings
- Stretch the bottom of the hoop out with your hands while still on the ladder. This will prevent a small ball from getting stuck in the net if it is shot before the net has been stretched out by larger basketballs.
- Make sure you hang the long loops of the net on the rim. The small, short loops should be at the bottom of the net.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for