If you have carpet in your home, you want to keep it as clean as possible. Some things like blood, oil and dirt can cause permanent stains in the carpet if they're not cleaned as quickly as possible. Cola is another culprit that will stain your carpet if it's not removed as soon as possible.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking soda
Blot the carpet immediately once cola has been spilled using either a rag or paper towel. Be very careful not to rub, but simply blot the excess moisture up.
Combine 1 part baking soda with 2 parts water in a plastic container. Shake well.
Apply the baking soda and water combination lightly to the cola stain with a new, clean rag. Very gently rub the carpet till the cola stain fades.
Gently dry the stained and cleaned area with another dry towel and it should be completely gone.
Use a solution such as peroxide if you're still unable to get stubborn cola stains out with the baking soda and water combination.
Tips and warnings
- Vinegar is also said to remove cola stains. You might want to run a "test" stain on a carpet sample, and try various methods so you'll know which works best for your carpet.
- Always remember to simply blot liquid stains. Never rub, as this just pushes the cola or other stain causing material deeper into the carpet fibers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for