If you are flying Air India to or from the UK for the first time, or just looking to confirm your flight reservations, here is some essential information to help you along the way.
- Skill level:
To contact Air India and confirm your flight by phone, you will need the Air India confirmation code number that appears on your booking documentation. Call the airline's UK customer service number on 0207 760 3290.
Air India offers some efficient ways to confirm booking on its website. Go to "Manage Your Trip" and click on "Manage Booking," then "Reconfirmation." This form allows you to confirm your travel arrangements. To fill it out, you will need your confirmation number, as well as an email address, the flight details and contact information for where you live and the places you will be visiting on your trip. Have your ticket and the travel documents that are necessary for your trip to hand.
You can check in online, as well. In the Manage Booking section, select the "Electronic check-in" option. This is usually available only 24 hours before your flight, and often replaces old-fashioned flight confirmation. You will need your flight number, confirmation number and the names of all passengers. You will need a working printer to print out your boarding passes. If you don't have a printer, you can stop at the ticket desk at the airport and have them print your passes, as well as take your luggage for the trip.
Tips and warnings
- Have all travel documents ready and with you for your trip, including a valid legal passport and visas for the countries you are visiting.
- Confirming your flight does not take the place of checking in. Check in online at least 24 hours before departure, or arrive at the airport at least three hours ahead of time for an international flight.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for