Warhammer is a fantasy role playing game played with dice and small figures. Each player or team assembles an army to fight the other teams or players. Make a gaming board to give you more area to play in and give you more options in game play. This Warhammer gaming board is 4-by-4 feet.
Things you need
2 2-by-1 inch boards cut 4 feet long
2 2-by-1 inch boards cut 46 inches long
4 small screws
1 4-by-4 foot sheet of plywood
Drill with 3/16 drill bit
16 1-1/4 inch screws
Bag of sand
Make a square with the 2-by-1 foot boards. Place two 4-foot boards on opposite sides. Connect them together with the 46-inch boards and the four small screws. Miter cut the edges if needed.
Drill three holes through each side of the 4-by-4 foot piece of plywood. Make one hole at each of the corners and one hole in the center of the board. Drilling the holes first helps prevent splitting later on.
Secure 1-1/2 inch screws into the pre-drilled holes to attach the top 4-by-4 foot plywood board to the square frame. This completes the basic framework of the Warhammer game board.
Mix one part glue to two parts water in the bucket.
Paint the plywood board with glue. Complete small sections at a time because the glue dries quickly.
Spread sand over the glue before painting more glue on the next section. Continue until the table is covered with sand. Let the table dry overnight. When dry, turn the table on its side and shake off any loose dirt. To create hills in the terrain add mounds of sand onto the glue.
Paint terrain onto the game board. Create a brown section for desert areas, green sections for grassy terrain or blue sections for lakes and ponds.
- Always wear safety goggles when drilling. Do not worry about the sand being even when you spread it out. The texture makes the Warhammer game board have hills and valleys. Add small trees and buildings to the terrain board. This adds variety and realism to the landscape.
Tips and Warnings
- Always wear safety goggles when drilling.
- Do not worry about the sand being even when you spread it out. The texture makes the Warhammer game board have hills and valleys.
- Add small trees and buildings to the terrain board. This adds variety and realism to the landscape.
Things you need
- 2 2-by-1 inch boards cut 4 feet long
- 2 2-by-1 inch boards cut 46 inches long
- 4 small screws
- Safety goggles
- 1 4-by-4 foot sheet of plywood
- Drill with 3/16 drill bit
- 16 1-1/4 inch screws
- Wood glue
- Paint brushes
- Bag of sand