Hotpoint fridges are available with many different options, such as pull-out glass shelves and door bins big enough to accommodate gallon jugs of milk. Other options include adjustable bins that allow for temperatures that are different than the rest of the fridge.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Open the fridge door. Locate the temperature-control dial on the left side at the top of the interior.
Insert a coin in the slot in the middle of the dial and turn it clockwise for a higher number, to achieve a colder temperature. Turn the dial counterclockwise for a lower number, to result in a warmer temperature. Wait 24 hours for the appliance to fully adjust to the new temperature before making other adjustments.
Turn the dial to a warmer temperature if food in the fridge is freezing. Cold air enters near the top shelf in the fridge and exits through a vent at a lower shelf. Do not block the lower vent, or food in that area will freeze.
Adjust temperatures and humidity levels in the same manner on fridge bins. Some Hotpoint fridges have temperature controls on two large, slide-out bins at the bottom of the appliance. Adjust the temperature and humidity level in each bin to extend the usable life of vegetables and fruits according to their optimum storing conditions.
Tips and warnings
- Turning the temperature control dial to 0 will stop the airflow in the fridge but will not shut off the power to the appliance. This results in a warm fridge.
- When turning a Hotpoint fridge on after a new installation or a move to a new location, turn the temperature control dial to 5. Let the fridge cool for 24 hours to obtain this temperature, and then adjust if necessary.
- Sudden changes in fridge temperature, to a lower number for a warmer atmosphere, may cause items in the fridge to sweat. This is normal until the fridge adjusts to the new temperature setting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for