If you have ever wanted to run your own business but would like the financial security from being with a recognizable brand, you might be in luck. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream offers franchise opportunities in growing markets across the country. Here are some steps to get you started.
Log onto the Ben and Jerry's website and locate the icon for Franchise opportunities. Select a state and city that you are interested in opening a Ben and Jerry's Franchise.
Determine if you meet the financial requirements. For single store franchise owners, you need a strong credit history as well as a minimum net worth of $350,000 and $80,000 in liquid assets. To be a multi-unit operator, the requirement is a minimum net worth of $525,000 of which $120,000 must be liquid.
Answer questions about net worth and your prior experience. If you are a good candidate, someone from Ben and Jerry's contacts you within 48 business hours with more information.
Complete an application. If a strong mutual interest continues after this, you discuss more details with other Ben and Jerry's Franchise owners, discuss your business plans and are invited to an upcoming Discovery Day.
Attend a Discovery Day. If you are approved, you sign a Preliminary Agreement or a Development Agreement within 30 days.
Get assistance from a Ben and Jerry's franchise support team with everything you need, including location selection, training and marketing. Ben and Jerry's does not offer financing, but they do have relationships with preferred national lenders.
Open your store. The entire process takes about six months from start to store opening. There will be a franchise fee associated with the opening of a Ben and Jerry's store. Costs will vary by location and size of the store.
- Prior restaurant or retail management experience is a favorable asset in a franchisee. Strong business acumen is a must have. You must be involved in your community in order to be a candidate for a franchisee. You must meet their financial needs and be willing to follow their proven operating system to open your own Ben and Jerry's store.
Tips and Warnings
- Prior restaurant or retail management experience is a favorable asset in a franchisee.
- Strong business acumen is a must have.
- You must be involved in your community in order to be a candidate for a franchisee.
- You must meet their financial needs and be willing to follow their proven operating system to open your own Ben and Jerry's store.