Replacing an ink cartridge in an Epson inkjet printer is part of regular maintenance. You will notice that the quality of your images will improve when the ink cartridge has been changed. Follow these steps to replace an ink cartridge in an Epson inkjet printer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Epson inkjet printer
- New or refilled ink cartridge
Wait until you are out of ink. The warning light and ink-low notifications come on well before the ink cartridge is empty, and even if it runs out of ink in the middle of a print, you can replace it then and finish the print with no problem.
Lift the lid of your Epson inkjet printer to expose the ink cartridge replacement button. Make sure you have plenty of light so you can see what you are doing.
Press the ink cartridge replacement button. This will loosen the empty ink cartridges so they can be pulled up and out.
Fill the empty cartridge at an ink-refilling location, or buy a new ink cartridge to replace the empty one.
Insert the new or refilled ink cartridge into the holder with the same orientation as the previous one.
Press the cartridge replacement button to charge the system and close the printer cover. Charging takes about one minute.
Tips and warnings
- If the blue label on your cartridge has been removed, do not install it.
- Dispose of your empty ink cartridges appropriately by dropping it off at a cartridge recycling center.
- Some local schools have fundraisers that accept empty ink cartridges.
- Do not touch the green circuitry on the inside of your Epson inkjet printer as it may interfere with normal print functions or otherwise ruin your printer.