Imagine getting paid to drive your own car to wherever you choose. It's possible. All you need to do is to allow your car to be draped with advertising messages. It's easy and it's beneficial. Here is what you need to do to sell advertising space on your car.
- Skill level:
Be prepared to enter into a contract. Advertisers generally prefer long-term commitments.
Register with your local transit-advertising agency. Approach various agencies and choose the one that pays you the most and gives you a choice of brand or company to advertise.
Determine how the advertising message will be displayed on your car. It could be vinyl graphic panels, magnetic signs, bumper stickers or a complete car wrap.
Ensure that the material to be used is not harmful to your car exterior.
Check if there is a minimum distance you need to drive.
Be prepared for regular inspections and spot checks from the car advertising agency.
Choose a brand that you would love to advertise and goes well with your lifestyle and driving habits.
Keep your agency informed if there is any change in your driving pattern. Relocation to a different place, enrolling your child in a new school and having a new job are instances when your driving patterns could be altered.
Tips and warnings
- Some transit-advertising agencies have online registrations.
- Opt for an agency that allows you the freedom to choose your brand.
- Provide accurate information regarding your driving habits to avoid any future issues with the agency.
- Maintain your car well and keep all documents up-to-date. Inform your agency immediately in case of any damage to the car or the advertising message.
- Avoid any run-ins with the law. Drunk driving records, road tax evasions or violation of speed limits are strictly prohibited.
- Selling space on your car could cost you your privacy. You may have to respond to curious onlookers who ask about the product or the advertisement.