Fungus Growing in My House

Written by kay wagers
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Email

One of the last things you want to find lurking in a corner of your home is fungus. Mold in homes is a common problem and one that should be addressed to avoid the possibility of health problems in your family.

Other People Are Reading

House Fungus

Molds are a fungus often found growing inside homes. Common house moulds include Alternaria, Cladosporium, Penicillium and Aspergillus. You might find mould growing damp areas of your home with poor air circulation, like bathrooms and basements.


Mold growing in your home is unsightly. It has an unpleasant, musty odour. If a member of your household is sensitive to mould, he could experience symptoms like eye and skin irritation. Mold exposure can cause respiratory problems like wheezing, coughing and asthma attacks.


If mould is growing in a small, concentrated area of your home, you can remove it. While wearing gloves and a mask, clean the mould away with a solution of 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of water. If fungus growth is systemic throughout out your home, contact a mould removal specialist.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.