Your voice is a very precious thing to lose. Without it, you lose your ability to communicate and express yourself, a condition that is especially disruptive to singers, actors and anyone who has to speak professionally. A number of natural remedies for loss of voice exist that can help soothe your throat without the use of chemicals or toxins.
- Skill level:
Drink six to eight glasses of water every day to keep your throat moist and your body hydrated.
Suck on vitamin C or honey flavoured cough drops. This will help keep your throat moist, helping you recover more quickly. Avoid minty or menthol cough drops as they can dry out your throat.
Drink ginger, lemon, or honey tea, all of which have soothing properties. Avoid drinking ice cold liquids.
Use a steam treatment. To do this, fill a bowl with hot water and cover your head with a towel, creating a tent. Lean over the bowl and breathe in the steam.
Sleep with a humidifier in the room.
Tips and warnings
- Do not smoke and make sure to avoid any second hand smoke.
- Avoid eating too much spicy food, as it can irritate your throat.
- Avoiding speaking loudly for extended periods of time.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol or caffeine.
- Wash your hands regularly to prevent spreading germs and getting sick.
- Exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for