How to Take the Back Off of Buzz Lightyear
screw driver, fastners image by Greg Pickens from Fotolia.com
Buzz Lightyear is a toy that has captivated many children around the globe. The popularity of Buzz Lightyear can be traced to the creation of this toy for the animated movie "Toy Story." In the movie, Buzz Lightyear is one of the most popular characters.
Hasbro decided to create an action figure based on the movie character. He features a space suit, wings and a laser. You'll need to remove the back piece from Buzz Lightyear to change the batteries.
- Buzz Lightyear is a toy that has captivated many children around the globe.
- You'll need to remove the back piece from Buzz Lightyear to change the batteries.
Place your Buzz Lightyear action figure on a table or sturdy surface with his back facing up. This will allow you to work on with the backside of Buzz where the battery cover is located.
Locate the two screws on the battery cover. These are the only accessories used to keep the back cover attached to Buzz Lightyear.
Insert the tip of the screwdriver into one of the screws and begin turning the screwdriver to the left. Loosen the other screw, as well. The screws are permanently attached to the back cover, so you'll need only to loosen them.
Use your finger to lift off the back cover.
- Place the back cover in a safe place while you're changing the batteries so you don't lose it.
- Change the batteries whenever Buzz Lightyear's voice becomes static-like or the sound doesn't work. Additionally, if the laser light on Buzz Lightyear's wrist doesn't work, then replace the batteries.
- Batteries can be a choking hazard for small children. Dispose of used batteries immediately to avoid choking dangers.
Based in West Windsor, N.J., Sarah Silverman has been writing computer- and electronics-related articles since 1990. Her articles have appeared in “Wired” and “Ericsson” magazines. She received the Kim Swiss Award in 2006. Silverman holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from the University of Rochester in New York.