Fat pockets often show up on the hips, thighs, stomach and buttocks. However, a healthy diet and regular exercise makes it possible to reduce the fat in these problem areas.
Reduce your daily caloric intake by 500 calories, and replace processed foods with only fresh, home made meals. Cut back on white flour, saturated fats and sugar-filled foods, replacing them with whole grains, healthy omega fats and only natural sugars from fruit.
Exercise at least 30 minutes every day to burn calories and reduce overall body fat. Cardio exercise and strength training should be combined to burn 500 calories each day. Running helps reduce fat pockets in trouble areas such as thighs, hips and buttocks -- while building muscle in trouble areas will increase your metabolism and reduce the size of fat in those areas.
Target fat pockets on the thighs, buttocks and hips by performing frequent leg exercises. A resistance band can be placed around the ankles and then one leg lifted to the side to tone your outer thighs. Squats and lunges are very effective at toning the entire legs, and also your hips and buttocks.
Reduce fat pockets on the stomach and sides by performing regular abdominal exercises. Crunches are excellent at toning the upper abdominals, while laying on your back and moving your legs in a bicycle-like motion works to tone your lower abs. Side crunches, where you aim your legs to the side and perform crunches for each side, help reduce stubborn love handles.
Decrease fat pockets on your arms with daily arm exercises. Bicep curls are an effective way to tone the front of the arms, creating a lean, muscular look. To reduce fat pockets on the backs of the arms, stand with your hands around one dumbbell above your head and slowly bend and straighten your arms.
- Target trouble areas during every workout to help the fat pockets shrink quickly.
- While attempting to reduce body fat, avoid any fatty, processed foods. Boxed foods and takeout contain a high amount of sodium and sugar, which can stall or prevent weight loss.
- Exercise your entire body to build strong, healthy muscles. Muscles increase the body's metabolism, leading to a faster rate of weight loss even while at rest.
- Always drink at least eight cups of water a day during any diet and exercise. This keeps the body hydrated and ensures that the muscles are recovering as quickly as possible.
- Someone seeking quick and easy fat removal may wish to speak with a surgeon about cosmetic procedures. Some common procedures include liposuction, tummy tucks, laser liposuction and ultrasonic liposuction. While cosmetic surgery provides fast results, it should be a last resort and should be thoroughly discussed with a doctor to learn about the benefits and risks.
- Always consult a doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.