How to hang a dartboard in a cabinet
dartboard red and black image by patrimonio designs from Fotolia.com
Hanging a dartboard in a cabinet requires a mount to be inserted in the cabinet and requires a few proper measurements. A dartboard needs to be hung at a certain height in order to ensure that the game is played correctly.
Hanging a dartboard in a cabinet requires some level of patience because it must be put in so that it hangs perfectly straight. A dartboard that is hung crooked will prevent the player from scoring properly.
- Hanging a dartboard in a cabinet requires a mount to be inserted in the cabinet and requires a few proper measurements.
- Hanging a dartboard in a cabinet requires some level of patience because it must be put in so that it hangs perfectly straight.
Measure from the floor up to the place in the cabinet that would be ideal for hanging a dartboard. The centre of the cabinet where the dartboard will be hung should be 1.7 m (5 feet 8 inches) up from the floor. This is important because the distance from the floor to the bull's eye must be exactly 1.7 m (5 feet 8 inches) for regulation play.
Prepare the cabinet for the dartboard. Take your bracket, which can be purchased at any hardware shop, and centre it up in your cabinet. The bracket should have two small holes on either end and a notch in the middle to hang the dartboard on. Make sure that the bracket is straight and that the centre of the bracket is 1.7 m (5 feet 8 inches) up from the floor. Once satisfied that you have your bracket placed in the desired area, screw it into the cabinet. The bracket will need to be screwed directly into the cabinet on both ends with the 2.5 cm (1 inch) screws.
Prepare the dartboard for hanging by screwing the 1.3 cm (1/2 inch) screw into the back of the dartboard right behind the bull's eye. It is important that the screw goes in the exact middle of the dartboard in order for it to hang straight. Only screw the screw in half of the way so that the head of the screw is not flush against the back of the dartboard.
- Prepare the cabinet for the dartboard.
- Prepare the dartboard for hanging by screwing the 1.3 cm (1/2 inch) screw into the back of the dartboard right behind the bull's eye.
Turn the dartboard around so you are looking at the front of it. Place the dartboard in the cabinet so that it hangs on the bracket. The screw in the back of the dartboard should fit nicely into the middle of the already hung bracket. Take a few steps back to make sure that the dartboard is hanging straight.
- Measure the distance from the ground to the middle of the cabinet twice to ensure that the measurements are correct.
- Be careful not to hang the dartboard around any breakable as an errant steel tip dart can cause damage.
Tyler Ellington is a freelance journalist whose work consists of a wide variety of topics. A freelance journalist since 2007, Ellington typically spends most of his time writing about sports, business and technology. His work has appeared on various websites. He earned his master's degree from California University of Pennsylvania.