How to Get Rid of Spirit Attachments
The spiritual realm is a world that is often misconceived or disbelieved when it comes to its effects on the natural realm. Spirits are energies, whether negative or positive, that can affect our day-to-day lives and influence our choices.
Sometimes negative spirits can attach themselves to you, or you may be haunted by an unwanted energy. In this case, a spiritual exorcism must be performed to abolish the negative energy or disperse it from your life.
- The spiritual realm is a world that is often misconceived or disbelieved when it comes to its effects on the natural realm.
- Sometimes negative spirits can attach themselves to you, or you may be haunted by an unwanted energy.
Ask the presence to leave you. Talking to the spirit will alert it that you are aware of its presence and want it to leave. In some cases, the spirit will simply leave you after this is done. Some spirits will resist, and it will be necessary to announce by whose authority they are cast out, such as in the name of God or your higher power.
Anoint the infested area. Anointing the area can be done using many different items. Oil, water and salt are commonly sprinkled in an infected area to rid it of supernatural forces. Try lighting candles and incense, as fire is a natural and spiritual cleansing element. Spread the smoke of these around the area you are removing the spirits from. Having these items blessed by a spiritual leader or pastor may help to empower them all the more.
- Anointing the area can be done using many different items.
- Oil, water and salt are commonly sprinkled in an infected area to rid it of supernatural forces.
Pray that the spirit leave. Meditation and prayer is one way to get in touch with the supernatural realm. It is believed that prayer can help send messages to your ancestors who have passed before you, and they will ask the spirits to leave or protect you from them. You may also conduct prayer in your own traditional manner to demand the spirits detach from you. Praying over nonperishable items, such as clothing and new furniture, before bringing them into your house can help prevent you from carrying in new spirits attached to inanimate objects.
Open a physical pathway for the spirit to leave. This can be a door or window that remains open while you ask the spirit to go. Making a physical path of exit will allow the spirit to leave without attaching to other people or harming anyone. Stay clear of the path when doing this, and ensure you show no fear, as a spirit will sense this and remain, despite your best efforts, if its intent is sinister.
- Requesting the help of a spiritual leader can help flush the spirit from your vicinity. A spiritual leader will also provide authoritative dominion when dealing with the spirit.
- Avoid using Ouija board, holding seances, performing witchcraft or using tarot cards when trying to rid spirits. These items only open a gate for more spirits to interact and attach themselves to you.
Mika Lo has been producing online content since 2005. The majority of her work has been published in areas such as parenting, lifestyle and health. Lo has also assisted with the development of community and hospital-based patient education programs, including creative discharge classes for new mothers and assisting underprivileged patients with medication assistance and information.