How to tighten loose skin after pregnancy
beach pregnant body image by Julia Britvich from Fotolia.com
Skin can become very loose and wrinkled after pregnancy. This is simply because the skin has stretched out nearly to its maximum during pregnancy. You might be concerned about this loose skin after having your baby.
No worries; it can be tightened with some simple techniques that could leave you looking better than you looked before the pregnancy.
Begin a workout regimen. You will need to workout on a daily basis for at least 20 minutes per session. You can do this while the baby is sleeping or entertaining herself.
- Skin can become very loose and wrinkled after pregnancy.
- No worries; it can be tightened with some simple techniques that could leave you looking better than you looked before the pregnancy.
Do as many crunches as you can. Lie flat on your back. Put your hands across your chest in an X with your fists on top of your shoulders. Lift your shoulders and upper back off of the floor with your stomach muscles only. Relax your neck and allow your chin to reach toward the ceiling. You can start with 20.
Do reverse crunches to help tighten your back. Lie on your stomach. Put your hands on the back of your head. Keep your elbows out straight the entire time. Lift your head, shoulders and chest off the floor. You should feel this in your lower back and butt. Do 15 reverse crunches and add more each week. Add dumbbells for an added muscle building effect.
- Do as many crunches as you can.
- Do reverse crunches to help tighten your back.
Use your dumbbells for squats. Hold one in each hand with your feet shoulder width apart and toes pointing forward. Hold the dumbbells up so your arms are in a 90 degree angle and your fists are pointing forward. Squat down as low as you can go and come back up. Speed is not important here. Keep your back straight. Do at least 10 of these squats.
- Use your dumbbells for squats.
Start some oblique crunches. Lie flat on your back with your hands intertwined behind your head. Keep your knees bent and feet about hip width apart. Lift your shoulder off of the floor while twisting. Start with the right side. Your left elbow may stay on the floor. You need to touch your right elbow to your left knee. Switch sides for at least six of these to start.
- Start some oblique crunches.
- Keep your knees bent and feet about hip width apart.
Use the boat position to strengthen your abs. While sitting, put your feet together and lift them off the floor. Allow your upper body to lean back until you are about 6 inches off the floor. The only thing touching the floor should be your butt. Keep your arms straight out beside your legs. Your hands should be next to your knees. Hold this for 10 seconds.
- Use the boat position to strengthen your abs.
- Your hands should be next to your knees.
- Breathe while working out.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Add more repetitions to your workouts each week.
- Do not crash diet or avoid food. Your body will store more fat if you do this. Instead, eat a healthy, varied diet to boost your metabolism.
Nicole LaMarco is a copywriter and content marketing strategist with more than 15 years of experience. See her website at www.NickyLamarco.com