How to Clean a Blanco Granite Sink
A granite sink can help to contribute to a look of elegance in your kitchen. Blanco is one of the leading brands in granite kitchen sinks and offers a wide variety of styles, colours and options.
Granite sinks are known for their impressive heat tolerance, scratch and stain resistance and for having a long working life. Keeping your Blanco granite sink clean is another convenience that lends to the popularity of these sinks.
Mix in a bowl a combination of half warm water and half vinegar.
Dip a soft cloth into the water and vinegar mixture. You don't need to wring the cloth out.
- A granite sink can help to contribute to a look of elegance in your kitchen.
- Dip a soft cloth into the water and vinegar mixture.
Scrub the sink with the cloth gently using more of the water and vinegar mixture as needed.
Wipe the sink down with a dry soft cloth. Rinsing the area may cause water to splatter and cause spots.
Mix equal parts baking soda with water and allow to sit for 30 minutes to form a paste.
Apply the paste to the sink using a clean cloth and scrub until the sink is clean.
Rinse the sink thoroughly and dry with a clean dry cloth.
Mix a mild dish soap such as Dawn with warm water in a bowl.
- Scrub the sink with the cloth gently using more of the water and vinegar mixture as needed.
- Apply the paste to the sink using a clean cloth and scrub until the sink is clean.
Dip a clean cloth into the soapy water and wipe all areas of your sink with it. Keep doing this until the area is completely clean.
Rinse your sink thoroughly and dry with clean cloth.
- There are several commercial products that will also help to clean a granite sink such as Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner, Liquid Comet and Scrubbing Bubbles. A Mr. Clean Magic Eraser allows you to spot clean a granite sink.
- Rinse and dry your sink after each use to avoid any mineral build up.
- Blanco America recommends BLANCOCLEAN Composite Sink Cleaner which can be purchased from the manufacturer. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
- Though granite is highly resistant to scratches, err on the side of caution to prolong the lifespan of your sink and avoid using any abrasives.
Melynda Sorrels spent 10 years in the military working in different capacities of the medical field, including dental assisting, health services administration, decontamination and urgent medical care. Awarded the National Guardsman’s Medal for Lifesaving efforts in 2002, Sorrels was also a nominee for a Red Cross Award and a certified EMT-B for four years.