Pineapple palm tree centrepiece
A pineapple palm tree will serve as an attractive centrepiece for your serving tray at your next party or get together. For any party that has a tropical theme or you need some Hawaiian flair, this arrangement will receive a lot of attention.
Take your knife and cut the top and the bottom off each pineapple, leaving a flat surface on each end. Discard the ends.
Cut the cores of the pineapples out of the skin, leaving 1 inch of pineapple pulp intact. Be careful not to mash the pineapple, especially if you will be using the meat for decorative purposes. Set the pineapple meat aside.
Drive the first skewer half way into the top of a pineapple, proceed with two more skewers placing them 1 inch apart for a total of three. Take the next pineapple and place it on top of the skewer and drive it down until the pineapples are directly on top of each other. Repeat with the last pineapple.
Place the hollowed out pineapples on the centre of the serving tray.
Cube the pineapple meat into small pieces and set them aside.
Insert the plant into the top of the highest pineapple and make sure the foliage is evenly distributed around the top of the pineapple.
Support the pineapple palm tree on the serving tray by adding food to the serving tray. Keep more solid foods up against the pineapple tree and the lighter foods around the edges. Add the leftover cubed pineapple to the serving tray.
- For the food tray, cut up fruit is recommended or an appetizer that pairs up nicely with pineapple.
- If you feel the pineapple palm tree can't support itself, take a ringed out damp dish towel and wrap it around to generate support. Cover the towel with waxed paper or aluminium foil and place the food over the top.
- Use a small pineapple and foliage for a more intimate setting or smaller gathering.
- Create multiple pineapple palm trees for your serving tray for a dramatic effect.
- Coordinate the table settings with full size or mini pineapple palm trees.
- Use caution when cutting the pineapple as it can be slippery and fall out of your hands.