Gout is a type of arthritis that affects the joints, mainly in the big toe. It causes pain, swelling and stiffness. Gout is caused by an excessive amount of uric acid in the blood, tissues and urine. Gout also affects the kidneys, hand joints and sometimes tendons. Gout is caused by a poor diet, one high in purine and acid. You can treat gout with natural remedies.
Eliminate caffeine, fried foods, starch, pork, organ meats, shellfish poultry, sodas and alcohol from your diet as soon as you begin to experience symptoms of gout. Foods with high amounts of purine should be avoided. Replace these foods with fresh fruits such as cherries, plums, bananas and strawberries.
Drink 2 glasses of pure black cherry juice upon rising each day for 3 days. Cherry juice contains powerful enzymes that stop the formation of uric acid in the blood and help bring fresh blood to your joints. Drinking cherry juice throughout the day is also recommended.
Eat as many potassium rich fruits for breakfast as you are able. Bananas, grapes, fresh cherries, strawberries, etc. Cherries, are a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. They help the body stay rich in collagen, which helps keep connective tissues strong. Eating 30 to 40 cherries for breakfast and throughout the day, especially when symptoms occur is very safe and natural way to treat gout.
Eat 142 to 284gr of raw broccoli and a handful of parsley for lunch and dinner. Broccoli is high in potassium and is good source of chromium, which is essential for healthy blood. Parsley is a natural diuretic that will assist you in eliminating toxins through the urine.
Drink an 8- to 284gr glass of superfood drink with lunch. Superfood drink is rich in micronutrients such as spirulina, manganese and potassium. Superfood by Odwalla is among the top brands.
Bring a large pot apple cider vinegar to a boil. Add 2 tbsp of crushed cayenne pepper. Let it cool until it won't burn you. Soak your affected area in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes. This will help stop swelling and balance your pH levels. Repeat these steps at least once a day for 3 days.
Consider a gradual, healthy weight loss program if needed. Gout is often the result of being overweight. Close to 90 per cent of those with gout are overweight to some degree.
Sit in a sauna or a stream room for 20 minutes each day for 3 days. If a steam room or sauna is not available, draw a bath as hot as you can stand it. Add 20 drops of eucalyptus oil to the water. Sit for 10 minutes, then take a cold shower for 2 minutes. After your shower, bring water temperature back up and sit for 15 more minutes. Add 10 more drops of oil and concentrate on breathing the steam. It important to help your body rid itself of toxins through the pores.
Apply aloe vera on the affected area at least three times a day. It will help dissolve crystals caused by elevated uric acid levels.
Consider getting a chiropractic adjustment. Chiropractic treatment is crucial because it helps align the body so it is free to properly release toxins caused by poor diet.
- Take 250 mg of niacin each day on a full stomach.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.
- Eat 2 whole cloves of garlic with each meal. Your breath won't smell extremely inviting, but garlic is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant.
- Keep your affected area elevated whenever possible.
- If you have adverse reactions to any dietary supplements, stop taking them.
- Consult your health care professional if you have questions about natural remedies and sudden lifestyle changes.
- This article should not be considered medical advice.
- Get a physical examination if you are overweight.
- Do not take niacin on an empty stomach.
- Do not take aspirin if you have gout. Aspirin thins the blood and tends to make symptoms worse. Instead, Ibuprofen is recommended.