A double-handle shower faucet requires special consideration during a replacement process. Replace a double handle shower faucet with help from a licensed plumber in this free video clip.
I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing, here to show you how to replace a double handle shower faucet with a single handle shower faucet. Now if you've got a two handle valve and you want to change that over to a single handle, first thing you're going to have to do is remove your trim and remove the valve. Now sometimes, that can be done from the back side. If not, if you don't have access you'll have to trim out the tile so that you can put in your single handle valve. Now in this case we've got a single handle valve installed here. Things that you can use, this is a trim plate to help trim things so that you can get in, get access to those. Then they make a nice trim plate or cover plat that'll cover up all those holes and give you a finished product that's going to look something like this. Now you've converted your two handle, or three handle valve over to a single control valve. And again, I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing and we've showed you how to replace a double handle shower faucet with a single handle shower faucet.
- How to Fix a Leaking Shower Faucet
- How to Change Shower Faucets
- How to Repair a Leaking Single Control Shower Faucet
- How to Replace a Double Handle Shower Faucet With a Single Handle
- How to Repair a Push Pull Faucet
- How to Repair Stem Plumbing
- How to Repair a Sink Aerator
- How to Repair a Pop-Up Tub Drain Stopper