A hot water heater thermostat can be set to different temperatures. Adjust your hot water heater with the help of this free video presented by a professional and experienced plumber.
I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing, Murray, Utah. Today, we're going to talk about thermostat on a water heater, how to adjust it, when to adjust it. A thermostat is located in the lower portion of the water heater. has a dial on the front. When adjusting a thermostat on a water heater, things to keep in mind are the different settings. You have a cool, a hot and a hotter settings or ABC. Typically, there's preset at one setting. You can adjust them a little hotter. A little cooler for different temperatures. Sometimes as thermostats get a little older, they need to be adjusted up just a little bit. if you have small children at home, make sure you keep that in mind when adjusting that thermostat. On your water heater, there is a vacation mode, rotate the knob into vacation if you're going to be gone for more than a week at a time. I'm Terry with Towers Murray Plumbing, Murray, Utah.
- How to Replace a Toilet
- How to Empty the Toilet Tank Completely
- How to Adjust Your Hot Water Thermostat
- How to Unclog a Toilet
- How to Replace the Toilet Ballcock Assembly
- How to Remove a Sink Faucet
- How to Replace P-Trap Washers
- How to Replace Kitchen Waste Assembly
- How to Remove a Sink Drain Assembly
- How to Loosen a Tub Drain
- How to Fix Whining Water Pipes