One home remedy that removes rust is a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar, which is applied to the rusty object and used to dissolve the rust. Get rid of rust, and then protect the surface from future rust by using a light oil, with tips from a remodeling contractor and home repair specialist in this free video on home improvements.
Hi, I'm Tim Gipson with a home remedy for removing rust. Now what you'll need is you're going to need some baking soda, you'll need lemon juice or some vinegar. What we're going to do is we're going to take our baking soda, we're going to put it into a little bowl such as this, and we're going to add just enough lemon juice or vinegar to make a paste. And see we've got a nice little paste here. Now once we've got that, then what we can do is if we've got you know an area such as this table saw or something that's had some rust build up on it, and what we can do is we can just simply spread this mixture over the top of it. And we can let that set and we can let that work into the surface and it'll actually - the combination of that lemon juice and vinegar or - excuse me, lemon juice or vinegar and the baking soda will work to break down and actually dissolve that rust on the surface. So, once we let that sit for a while, then we can just come back with a paper towel and we can wipe that off. And very easily it removes, it'll break down and remove that rust from the surface. Now when you use something like this on rust surfaces, it's usually a good idea to come back with a light oil or something like WD forty to spray that surface and what that will do is it will actually condition the surface and displace any moisture and help prevent rusting in the future. So I'm Tim Gipson and that's a natural home remedy for removing rust.
- How to Operate a Microwave Oven
- Removing Rust From Steel
- Removing Rust From Tools
- Removing Rust Naturally
- How to Adjust Your Thermostat
- How to Hang a Heavy Wall Mirror
- Hanging Heavy Objects on Walls
- Ceramic Tile Cleaning Tips
- Best Way to Hang a Mirror
- Restoring Hardwood Floors
- How Do Refrigerators Work?
- How Do Refrigerator Ice Makers Work?
- How to Fix a Refrigerator
- How to Fix a Dishwasher That Will Not Drain
- How to Use a Microwave
- Home Remedies for Removing Rust From Tools
- Home Remedies to Remove Rust
- How to Make a Rust Remover
- Removing Rust
- Removing Rust From Stainless Steel