Learn about the two point line control system for fly fishing and how to best utilize various fly fishing techniques if you're just starting out as a fly fisherman in this free video series.
Hi! I’m Jim Dowd at zoaroutdoor.com. We are here for expertvillage.com, and this session is all about fly casting and what you need to know to sling it out there. In this little segment, we are going to talk about the 2 point control system. The 2 point control system is essential for line management: it aids and retrieves, it helps you to control your casting distances, and it is really a pretty elementary skill that you need to master. The basics of the 2 point control system are based on what we call the clap, clip and strip. Essentially the 2 point control system is like this. You make a cast, clap your hands together, clip the line around the 2 fingers—the index and the middle fingers—and grip against the cork of your fly rod. That’s the first point. The second point is grasp it with a line hand. And that’s the 2 point control system: point 1 and point 2.
- Learn How to Strike & Set the Hook When Fly Fishing
- Understand the Concept of False Casting When Fly Fishing
- Learn the Haul Technique When Fly Fishing
- Learn to Shoot the Line When Fly Fishing
- Understand Roll Casting When Fly Fishing
- Understand Two-Point Line Control When Fly Fishing
- Understand Line Retrieving & Angling When Fly Fishing
- Understand Cast Stroke Mechanics
- Maintain Proper Thumb Control When Fly Fishing
- How to Pause to Straighten Out a Fly Casting Line
- How to Read Your Fly Casting Line
- How to String a Fishing Rod When Fly Fishing
- Learn the Basic Fly Fishing Cast
- How to Practice Casting When Fly Fishing