You have to feel strong to hit long drives in golf; try this golf tip to improve your drives and better your golf game in this free video golf lesson.
This segment is on long drives and you have to feel strong to hit long. Now what does feeling strong mean? Does that mean gripping the club unbelievably tight? No. Does it mean getting really stiff? No. The only thing that holds the club are the hands. So if you want to feel strong and be strong, you have to be strong and feel strong in your hands. Now, a very good way to find out how you should hold the club to be your strongest, is to put a club right against the wall and push, just push with your hands. Push with your hands with your grip like this. Push with your hands with your grip like this. Push with your hands in between. Push with this hand this way and this hand this way. Push a lot of different ways. Push with your hands in front. Push with your hands in back. If you take a bathroom scale and put it on its side and you push that scale, aside from putting a big dent in it, and then you could say to your significant other, I guess you're putting on a little weight because you just dented the scale, but you could push that scale and see how much weight it shows. And when you could hold your hands in a certain way to get the most weight, that is your strongest position. Why be weak if you could be strong? If you're going to shovel snow, you're not holding a shovel like this, you're holding it comfortably strong. If you're taking a slap shot, hitting a baseball, hitting a tennis ball, you don't want to take a manufactured grip that is not going to be strong and natural. Feel strong to get long and you'll hit your best drives.
- Golf Tips: A Longer Shaft Adds Drive Distance
- Choosing a Driver for Longer Drives
- Golf Tips: Flexibility & Longer Drives
- Follow Through Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Power Downswing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Back Swing Golf Tip for Longer Drives
- Free Golf Tips: Feel Strong to Hit Long
- Grunt on the Downswing for Longer Drives
- Mindset & Hitting Longer Drives in Golf
- Golf Swing Tips for Hitting Longer Drives
- The Golf Fundamentals of Longer Drives