Love letters are a brilliant opportunity for you to express your feelings toward a person in an affectionate, classic way. Although there are endless things that you can write within a love letter, it's important to make sure that the content is appropriate and won't seem out of place with the stage of your relationship. One particular element that you should consider is how you choose to sign off on your love letter.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Fountain pen
Choose a fountain pen with a fine tip. Ideally, you should write the entire letter and sign your name in the same ink.
Choose the phrase with which you'd like to end the letter. If you've only recently met the subject of the letter, avoid being too affectionate. You can use a phrase such as "Yours truly" or "With warm regards." If you're more intimate with the subject, consider phrases such as "With all my love" or "Yours unconditionally."
Leave some space below your parting phrase and write your name or signature with the fountain pen. If preferred, you could personalise this element by writing something like "Your William" or "Your favourite Californian" before (or instead of) your name.
Tips and warnings
- Sign your letter creatively by using a pet name directly tailored to your relationship.
- Be aware that how you sign your love letter may suggest how your affection for your partner has changed over time. Because of this, avoid making your sign-off phrase less affectionate than in previous letters, as doing so may suggest you're losing enthusiasm for the relationship.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for