Tactile hyperesthesia is a severe sensitivity to touch. It can cause skin to have a tingling sensation or make the lightest touch feel painful. This condition has many possible causes. To treat tactile hyperesthesia, doctors must discover the underlying cause of the condition.
Other People Are Reading
A parasite causes the infection angiostrongyliasis. When a person consumes raw foods, like prawns or snails, the parasite hiding inside makes its way into a person's system. Besides tactile hyperesthesia, other symptoms of angiostrongyliasis include abdominal pain and vomiting.
When the body is poisoned, it can react in a number of adverse ways. Chlorobenzene is a solvent chemical. When a person accidentally ingests chlorobenzene, the result will possibly be severe sensitivity to a light touch or skin tingling.
If a person starts to feel symptoms related to tactile hyperesthesia, the cause could possibly be leptomeningitis. Leptomeningitis means the leptomeninges, which are thin membranes that cover the brain and spinal cord, have become swollen. The condition can cause sensitivity to touch.
Neuropathy refers to damage to a person's nerves. When nerves are damaged, there can be a heightened sense to stimuli, like sensitivity to touch. Neuropathy can cause skin to react strongly to light brushing or strokes.
Parsonage Turner Syndrome
Parsonage Turner syndrome is similar to neuropathy because it involves damage to nerves. This syndrome involves the inflammation of nerves located in the shoulders, arms and hands. Along with tactile hyperesthesia, Parsonage Turner syndrome can cause muscle weakness and pain.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for