Bring a slice of paradise to your home bar by decorating it in a tropical tiki theme. Ideally, your bar will have a thatched roof and bamboo-like support posts. Decorate the room with a variety of tiki statues, masks, torches and barware. Beach-themed accessories complete the look -- display an old surfboard, vintage tropical bar signs, colourful Hawaiian leis and strategically draped thatch or fishnets for authentic ambience.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large swatches of thatch
- Wooden ceiling fan
- Bamboo curtains and table coverings
- Tiki statues and masks
- Carved barstools
- Tiki mugs and glassware
- Paper umbrellas
- Tiki head bar tap pulls
- Tiki torches
- Optional accessories: vintage tropical bar signs, surfboard, fishing net, pictures
- Neon tiki bar sign
Build a thatch roof for your tiki bar or hang large pieces of thatch from the ceiling to give an authentic feel. Slow-moving wooden ceiling fans add to the look. Hang bamboo blinds over windows or down the walls to complete the room.
Hang carved tiki-style masks on the walls. Place one or two large moai, or carved stone tiki statues, at the ends of the bar or on strategically placed tables. Drape a few bright floral leis over pictures or bar fixtures for a touch of colour.
Place two or three carved wooden barstools by the bar. Serve drinks in tiki mugs decorated with paper umbrellas. Large drink containers shaped like coconuts or pineapples are another option. Bar taps can be embellished with tiki head tap pulls.
Place two or three tiki torches around the bar and small candle-holder torches on tables. Bamboo place mats or table runners add to the tropical feel. If you have room, add extra decorating touches in the form of an old surfboard, fishing net or vintage wooden tropical bar signs and photos of tropical islands.
Complete your bar with a gaudy neon tiki bar sign as the focal point.
Tips and warnings
- No matter what you're decorating -- remember to always have fun and make your personal style fit and create the mood you desire!
- Search for your items to decorate online, always find good a deal before buying!
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for