Many people replace carpeting with hardwood floors because of the beauty and old-fashioned elegance of this type of floor. Hardwood floors are relatively simple to care for if you use the right cleaning products and chair casters for office chairs and other chairs that roll. The wrong casters scratch and scuff the floor, making the flooring look old and worn out. Protect the flooring by choosing casters made of the correct materials and in the right style.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Barrel casters (optional)
- Soft polyurethane caster wheels (optional)
Purchase barrel casters rather than ball casters. Ball casters can cause dents in hardwood floors since all the weight is in one spot, whereas barrel casters evenly distribute the weight.
Lift one edge of the chair and spin the casters. Some twin-wheeled nylon casters require you slide the chair across the floor to move it. This is acceptable for carpeting, but causes scratches and scuffs on hardwood flooring.
Look for soft rubber wheels on the chair caster that spin without difficulty.
Pick soft polyurethane caster wheels for their ability to roll across hardwood floors easily.
Tips and warnings
- Use felt protector pads on the bottoms of your couch and table legs. The soft material allows the furniture to slide rather than scuff the floor when someone sits down or moves the furniture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for