The clasps of a bracelet often add both security and decoration, pretty baubles that keep the bracelet securely on your wrist. Although clasps are a common design, they may fail and lead to the loss of your jewellery. Clasps can also be difficult to open and close. Skip clasps and use a different approach instead. Make a bead bracelet without clasps using memory wire for a beautiful and effective design.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 1/2 loops of memory wire, 2 to 2.5-inch size
- Heavy-duty wire cutters
- Beads, 4mm to 15mm size
- Bead board
- Beading adhesive
- 2 Memory wire end caps
Cut the 3 1/2-loop length of memory wire off the coil. Memory wire comes in large coils sold by weight. A 28.4gr. coil of memory wire may contain more than 60 to 80 coils of memory wire. Count the coils and cut the wire off at the correct point with the heavy-duty wire cutters.
Decide on the beading design you desire for your bracelet. Place the beads onto a bead board to experiment with different designs.
String the beads onto the memory wire in the design you planned on the bead board. String enough beads to fill the wire with beads snugly or leave spaces on the wire for the beads to move; both designs look equally attractive for a memory wire bracelet.
Coat both ends of the memory wire lightly with beading adhesive. Immediately insert a memory wire end cap onto the ends of the memory wire to finish the bracelet. Using end caps eliminates the need to bend the memory wire to finish the bracelet.
Tips and warnings
- Memory wire comes in different sizes for rings, bracelets and necklaces. The number sizes indicate the diameter of the coils. Because memory wire is so hard, you will not be able to adjust the diameter. Therefore, purchase the diameter you need to go around your wrist.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for