Aside from the obvious health issues with smoking, the smell and smoke from burning cigarettes can quickly take over a home. It can soak into upholstery, carpet and even walls. And the scent can linger and be hard to remove. Luckily, apple cider vinegar offers a natural remedy for cigarette smoke, and you can use it in a few ways to clear up the smoke in your home.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small open containers
- Spray bottle
- Dust rag
Pour apple cider vinegar into several small open containers and place them around your home. Use a small dish in each corner of the room if the room is large or is smoked in often. Leave them in place until the air quality improves. The vinegar actually absorbs the odours and can eradicate them from the air.
Fill a spray bottle with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water and replace the cap. Shake it gently to mix the vinegar and water together.
Spray the mixture over walls and other surfaces that have been exposed to smoke. Do not, however, spray the mixture onto any electronic devices. Wipe the spray and the residue away with a dust rag.
Tips and warnings
- Smoke outdoors to prevent bringing unnecessary odours and chemicals into your home.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows and positioning fans to blow smoke out of the room.
- If the smell of the cigarette smoke remains in your walls, prime them with an odour-dealing primer and repaint them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for