When you set up an IMVU account, you are required to verify that you're 18 years old or the parent or guardian of a user who is at least 13 years old. If you discover after set-up that you clicked the wrong month, date or year on the "Date of Birth" drop-down menus, IMVU allows you to change the age. Simply submit an age verification request in the IMVU Help Center with proof of age documentation -- driver's license, passport or other government-approved official documentation that shows your name and correct age.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Proof of age documentation
- Scanner or storage device
Scan or upload proof of age documentation to your computer and then log in to the IMVU account.
Select the "Help" link to the left of the "Account" link on the upper right links bar.
Click the "Request Support" tab in the IMVU Help Center and then click the word "here" in the sentence "To submit a support case, click here."
Scroll down to the "Case Description" section of the online "Submit a Case" form, then click on the field next to "Case Category" and select "General Support" from the drop-down menu. A "General Topics" field appears. Select "Age Verification Request" from the drop-down menu.
Enter a description for requesting an age change on your account. For example, "I clicked the wrong birth year when I originally signed up."
Click the "Attach a File" button, then click the "Browse..." button on the "File(s) to Save" box that appears. Click the saved scanned or uploaded file of your documentation in the window that opens, then click the "Open" button. Click the "Save" button to attach the file to your request.
Choose "Save" at the bottom of the form to submit your request.
Tips and warnings
- If you can't scan or upload your document, or experience an error when trying to submit the online form, send your request -- avatar information, request description and proof of age documentation -- by postal mail to "IMVU, Attn: Billing Dept, P.O. Box 39002, Mountain View CA 94039."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for