Many crafts can be made using fabric. Everything from creating clothing to simple decorations can be done with fabric. Making fabric letters can be fairly easy and can be used for many things. With fabric letters, you can put them on your walls for decoration. You can use them to spell a child's name to put on their bedroom wall. You also can use fabric letters for monogramming or personalising everything from purses to picture frames.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Letter stencil (see resources)
- Writing device (such as pen or permanent marker)
Print out the letters that you need using alphabet stencils found online, using the size and font that you want to use.
Place stencil on fabric and trace the letter onto the fabric using your writing device.
Remove the stencil from the fabric.
Cut the letter out of the fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to pull the fabric tight before tracing the stencil onto the fabric and before cutting the fabric to avoid tears or uneven letters.
- You may tape the stencil to the fabric if you cannot hold it steady before tracing it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for