Modern archery equipment is expensive and bulky, not the sort of thing you want to use as survival gear or for casual shooting. There are alternatives on the market for the survival crowd, but those alternatives are just as expensive as the standard gear. Even if you manage to find a bow that's within your budget, you then have to consider draw weight -- too heavy and you'll have to work out to use it, too light and you don't get any power out of it. Fortunately, there's a cheap, easily made alternative that's powerful enough for survival or casual shooting -- the sling bow.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Marksman wrist rocket slingshot (or similar)
- Black replacement bands
- Whisker Biscuit replacement for compound bow
- Two 3/16-inch zip ties
- Carbon shaft arrows
- Standard golf tees
- Epoxy or superglue
Cut 2 inches from both of the replacement bands and attach them to the slingshot frame, according to package directions. Do not attempt to glue it in place, as this will make the rubber brittle.
Place the grooved side of the Whisker Biscuit archery rest in the fork of the slingshot. The two bolt holes should be at the bottom of the V, one next to each arm.
Insert a zip tie through both holes and cinch them as tight as you can by hand. You may need to use pliers if you don't have a strong grip.
Pull the nock out of each arrow you intend to use with the sling bow. Do not remove the piece from inside the arrow in which the nock was resting, as it is still necessary.
Insert a golf tee into the cavity where the nook was and glue it in place. This provides a grip to hold the arrow in the slingshot pouch.
Tips and warnings
- To shoot your new sling bow, simply fit an arrow through the provided notch and insert the golf tee nock into the pouch. The notch of provides an excellent site for ranges up to 10 yards.
- Always make sure there is no one in your line of sight when using a projectile weapon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for