Your cat will be licking his chops after a hearty meal of fresh fish cat food. You can use any kind of fish that you (or your cat) want. The fish does not need to be cooked through. Most cats will eat it raw, but to kill any bacteria, and for your own piece of mind, cooking the fish for your cat is perfectly fine, too. Cats do not make their own taurine, so if you are going to make fish for your cat on a regular basis, be sure to include either a multivitamin for cats or the proper amount of taurine, vitamin B complex and so forth.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tbsp cooking oil or butter
- Large pan
- 227gr. tuna, mackrel or other fish
- 1 egg with shell
- Mortar and pestle (or other device to crush eggshell with)
- 1 baby carrot, optional
- Pinch of catnip
- 700 mg taurine and
- 10 mg vitamin B complex and
- 80 mg vitamin E
- or cat multivitamin
- Pinch of lite salt with iodine
- Blender or food processor
Heat 1 tbsp oil or butter in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the fish. Chop or shred the baby carrot and add to the pan. Cook the fish for about five minutes on each side. It does not have to be completely cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Wash the egg to remove any contaminants. Crack the egg into a bowl and set aside the shell. Beat the egg slightly. Crush the shell in a mortar and pestle until it is finely ground. Add the shell to the egg and mix.
Remove any large bones from the fish. Place the cooled fish, carrot and egg into a blender or food processor. Blend until the fish is in very small pieces or entirely ground up and mixed with the egg.
Add a pinch of lite salt and a pinch of catnip to the fish mixture in the blender. Add the vitamins or cat multivitamin and blend well. Add water, if needed. Serve to your cat at room temperature or just slightly warmer.
Tips and warnings
- Omit the egg shell if you add a cat multivitamin that contains calcium.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for