"Grand Theft Auto IV" sees you playing immigrant Niko Bellic as you complete missions and drive a selection of vehicles in the mean streets of Liberty City. One of the most pleasurable ways of cornering in the game is to drift your car around a tight corner. Drifting is a controlled method of skidding that looks stylish even as it also gives you a far greater feel for how cars operate in the game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Approach the corner you want to drift around at a sensible speed; hitting it at top speed will see you simply spin off the road and crash into other vehicles or pedestrians. Press the brake button to take the edge off your speed. (Press the handbrake button in conjunction with the brake button if you need to wipe off speed in a hurry.)
Push the left analogue stick over to the right if you are heading into a righthand corner. Nudge the handbrake button for less than a second.
Push your left analogue stick to the left as the back end of the car comes out and you begin to drift; you will now drift around the corner.
Press the accelerate button to end the drift as you come out of the corner; the back end of your car will snap back into place, and you will shoot down the road, ready to take on the next corner.
Press the brake button if you find yourself losing control of your drift and heading into oncoming traffic.
Tips and warnings
- If you are playing on Xbox 360, press the left trigger to brake, the right bumper to use the handbrake and the right trigger to accelerate.
- If you are playing on PlayStation 3, press the L2 button to brake, the R1 button to activate the handbrake and the R2 button to accelerate.
- If you are driving a heavy vehicle such as truck, you will require longer use of the handbrake to begin drifting the vehicle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for