The George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine is an indoor electric grill for cooking meats and vegetables. The appliance includes an upper and lower grilling plate that contact food to cook both sides simultaneously to save cooking time. The grilling plates have grooves in them to catch grease and keep food from absorbing grease and oils. The appliance's grilling plates and drip tray can be removed for cleaning.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- George Foreman spatula
- Paper towels
Press the "Power On/Off" button in the centre of the machine's control panel on the lid to turn it off. Dashes will appear in the time and temperature displays. Unplug the power cord and allow the appliance to cool.
Lift the front of the grill up and place the drip tray under the front two feet. Push the lid up so that it will stand without closing.
Scrape off food particles on the grill into the drip tray with the George Foreman spatula. Wipe any grease or residue from the grill into the drip tray with paper towels. Remove the drip tray and empty it into the garbage. Wipe out the tray with paper towels to remove any oils or remaining food residue.
Grasp the handles on each side of the top grilling plate in the lid. Pull both handles out and remove the upper grilling plate. Pull the two lower handles out in the same way to remove the lower grilling plate.
Wipe the inside and outside of the grill with a warm wet sponge to clean it.
Wash the upper and lower grilling plates and drip tray either in warm soapy water or in the dishwasher.
Tips and warnings
- The George Foreman spatula is shaped with slots to match the grilling plates and is included with the grill. A plastic or wooden spatula also could be used if you do not have this utensil.
- You can use a non-metallic scrubbing pad to dislodge stubborn food particles from the grilling plates.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or steel wool to clean the grilling plates. This will scratch the non-stick surfaces.
- Hold the lid open with one hand while cleaning under the top grilling plate so that the lid will not shut on fingers.
- Do not immerse the base in water. The appliance will short circuit.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for