While some people may recoil at the thought of eating chicken liver, in many parts of the world, liver is a common and popular dish. Spices and seasonings can do a wonder on food that you may otherwise pass up. In India, chicken liver is fried and combined with hot spices and sauces to create a spicy, flavourful dish. If you're not afraid to try something new and you enjoy a little spice, pick up some fresh chicken liver from at the meat market and give Indian chicken livers a try.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 pound of chicken livers
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- Four cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- One medium onion, chopped
- One medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
Rinse the chicken livers under running water to clean. Chop the livers into bite-sized pieces.
Combine the fresh ginger, mashed garlic, and peppercorn in a bowl and mash together to create a paste.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan add the mustard seeds.
Add the onions when the oil is hot along with the ginger and garlic paste mixture, and fry until the onions turn golden brown.
Add the tomatoes, chilli pepper, coriander and turmeric powder and sauté for one minute.
Add the liver to the sauce pan and fry the livers for two to three minutes, stirring to make sure all the liver cooks evenly.
Add salt to taste and pour the chicken livers and onions onto a plate. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Tips and warnings
- Serve the chicken livers with roti, an Indian flat bread.
- Add the fried chicken livers to an Indian curry sauce.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for