A cowboy-boot cake is the perfect centrepiece for Western-, rodeo- or farm-themed parties. Make a cowboy-boot cake even without having a boot-shaped pan by cutting the cake to match a template. Use liquorice and crushed cookies to make realistic details on the cake. If you have a favourite cowboy-boot design, you can replicate the details in cake using coloured frosting and creative decorating techniques.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rectangular cake, baked and cooled completely
- Brown frosting
- Piping bag
- Round icing tip
- Star icing tip
- Cowboy-boot template, printed and cut to size
- Powdered cookies
Place the cowboy-boot template on the cake, and position it so it does not move. Using a sharp knife, cut the cake following the template to shape the cake like a cowboy boot. Remove extra cake from the sides, and set aside.
Spread brown frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for about 30 minutes to allow the frosting to set.
Attach a round or star icing tip to a piping bag, and fill the bag with brown frosting. Pipe a border on the cake and horizontal lines on top of the boot to resemble embroidery. Alternately, refer to your favourite cowboy-boot design to replicate it in cake.
Place powdered cookies around the heel of the cowboy-boot cake to resemble dirt. Pipe a message on the cake, if desired.
Tips and warnings
- Place black liquorice shoelaces if desired
- Use candy pieces to resemble studs and buttons on the boot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for