Creating crafts with Popsicle sticks is the ultimate form of recycling and is the ideal way to make gifts including picture frames and puppets, in addition to napkin holders. Creating a Popsicle stick napkin holder craft is simple enough for a preschooler, with some help from mom or dad. The project can be personalised through painting or stickers for the different holidays or seasons, and especially for gift giving.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- Mini craft sticks
- Acrylic paint
- Craft glue
Create the side panels by placing Popsicle sticks side-by-side until it is the size of one stick laid across them.
Glue a Popsicle stick along the top and bottom edges, approximately 1/2 inch from the edges. Repeat for second side panel.
Make the bottom by lining mini craft sticks along side each other until it is the same size of the side panels. Glue two regular sticks about 1/4 inch from the edges.
Paint all the surfaces of the napkin holder your favourite colour and let dry.
Glue the side panels, with the cross sticks inside. Add glue from the inside and lean books or anything sturdy on both sides to hold the sides up while it dries.
Tips and warnings
- You can make it extra special by painting pictures or a special message.
- If you don't have mini craft sticks, use regular Popsicle sticks and glue together using a stick broken in half.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for