Windows 7 users have numerous options at their disposal when it comes to customising the appearance of their operating system. One way in which you can adjust Windows' appearance to your personal preferences is through the modification of your computer's desktop background. While Windows 7 includes assorted default images that can be set as your background, you may wish to use an image of your own. The desktop background can be set to images of many different file types, including GIF files.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Click the "Start" button at the bottom left corner of the screen, and then click "Control Panel."
Type "desktop background" into the search bar at the top right corner of the window.
Click "Change desktop background" at the top of the window.
Click the "Browse" button at the centre of the window.
Browse to the folder containing the GIF image you want to use, and then click "OK."
Click the image in the centre of the window, and then click "Save changes" to set the image as your desktop background.
Tips and warnings
- Modify the aspect ratio of your desktop background image by clicking the "Picture position" drop-down menu at the bottom of the "Desktop Background" window.
- You can also right-click on any image on your computer and click "Set as desktop background."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for