With six types of electromagnetic fields continuously around us, our bodies' normal bioelectrical activities are disrupted. These invisible, artificial, harmful fields produced by modern day devices and appliances can cause havoc on our health and sleep.
Grounding or "earthing" is a way for our bodies to connect with the Earth's natural surface energy to balance our environment's negative effects. In other words, having ground contact with the Earth's free electrons protects us from frequent exposure to harmful fields and reduces the biological stress levels to which our cells are exposed.
Since sleep is where most of us spend an average of 6-9 hours a day, these key steps can be helpful in giving our bodies the full rest it needs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Guass meter
- Shielding fabric curtains or bed canopies
- Grounding kits
- Earthing pads
- Shielding bed sheets
- Metal free matress and box spring
Evaluate your bedroom electromagnetically with a Bau-Biologist to confirm the magnetic and electrical readings. If this is not an option, you can also purchase or rent a Guass meter to measure the strength of magnetic fields. The reading should not be higher than 0.3 milligauss. Be sure the reading is frequency weighted.
Install shielding fabric curtains or bed canopies. These materials have been used to protect against cell towers, wireless communication signals and other high frequency electromagnetic waves.
Connect to the earth's electrical field with grounding kits, earthing pads and shielding bed sheets. These are useful items to increase your protection while you sleep.
Place your metal-free mattress directly on the floor.
Put a plant in a natural pot such as wood or clay on your side table (also made of a natural substance). Take a natural piece of cloth and tie it to one of the table's leg. Tie the other end to a leg of the bed. This strategy is deemed useful since plants draw energy from the earth's core.
Display certain crystals or minerals in your room that can serve to shield EMFs. Clear quartz, pyrite stone, malachite, flourite, black obsidian, jasper, amazonite, aventurine, sodalite, tourmaline, turquoise, selenite and blue kyanite can help neutralise emissions.
Tips and warnings
- To prevent EMFs while you sleep:
- Keep your head approximately 5 feet away from all electrical sockets.
- Turn off all electrical devices in the room, including Wi-Fi and cell phones.
- Turn off all electricity in the room.
- Avoid having metal in your mattress or having it sit on a metal box spring.
- Avoid having your bed next to a shared wall. Your neighbours may have electrical devices on the other side.
- Avoid using electric blankets.
- Remove all electrical wires from under the bed.
- Lastly, EMFs can pass through walls so consider grounding other rooms.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- ESD Journal; Grounding the Human Body to Neutralize Bio-electrical Stress; A.Clinton Ober
- Mercola.com; Powerful and Simple Tips to Help Lower Your EMF Risks; Dr. Mercola; feb. 9, 2011
- Safe Living Technologies: Radio Frequency RF & Microwave Prevention Tips
- Mercola.com: Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) - Hazardous to Our Health?
- EMF Safe Home.com: Recommendations for an EMF Safe Home