Files that are PDFs, or portable document format, can contain a number of elements, such as images, form fields, audio, video and even submit buttons. Working with many of these elements requires the use of Adobe Acrobat, which is the original PDF creation software. Using Acrobat to remove a background image from a PDF makes the process incredibly easy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Adobe Acrobat 9 or higher
Double-click the PDF you want to edit to open it in Acrobat.
Select "Tools," "Advanced Editing" then "Touch-up Object Tool" from the top tool bar.
Click on the background image you want to remove.
Press "Delete" on your keyboard. The background image you selected will be deleted.
Tips and warnings
- Older versions of Adobe Acrobat may allow for background image removal as well, but the process might be different.
- Some PDFs may contain the entire document as a background image. Deleting this image will result in deleting the contents of the document.
- Secured PDFs may not allow for editing or removal of any images.
- Beware of "PDF Background Image Removers" or "PDF Watermark Removers"; these do not give you full control of image editing and removal.