Dark marks on the legs can be due to hyperpigmentation, a condition in which there is excess melanin on a certain area of the skin. Sunspots can also lead to dark marks on legs and so can age spots, also called liver spots. There are ways to remove dark marks on legs. Consider both prescription products and home remedies.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hydroquinone cream
- Lemon juice
Apply a cream that contains hydroquinone to dark marks on legs. This cream can be purchased over the counter or by prescription from a doctor. Prescription creams are more effective because they contain almost twice the amount of hydroquinone. Follow the instructions on the package.
Get laser treatment on dark marks. This can be done at a dermatologist's office. Pigmented lesion lasers work well on the legs and there is often reduced scarring.
Rub lemon juice on the dark marks. Use your fingers to rub it into the spots. Let the lemon juice sit for 15 minutes at a time and then wash it off with warm water. Do this nightly for one to two weeks, or until you see improvement.
Tips and warnings
- Wear sunscreen on your legs while using any of the treatments listed.
- All of these methods for removing dark marks can be irritating to sensitive skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for