Well-trained dogs that can immediately respond to basic commands from their owners such as "come," "sit" and "stay," despite the many distractions encountered on a walk, are the best candidates for walking with a retractable leash. These leashes allow the dog to roam farther away from the owner while still being kept on a leash, as is often required by city and park regulations. The Flexi dog leash has some extra safety features that when put together properly help prevent injuries associated with other retractable leashes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Regular dog collar
- Flexi leash safety collar
- Flexi dog leash
Wrap the safety collar around your dog's neck. This safety collar provides extra safety to you and your dog should the leash detach from your dog's regular collar. By using the two collars, your dog will be less likely to break free and the leash will be less likely to fly back toward you.
Position the safety collar so that the two metal rings are on either side of your dog's regular collar ring. The regular collar ring should be in the middle of the two rings on the Flexi leash safety collar.
Connect the hook on the end of the Flexi leash to both metal rings of the safety collar and the ring on your dog's regular collar. The hook should be attached to a total of three metal rings.
Tips and warnings
- Before using your Flexi dog leash, read the instructions completely. Improper use can result in serious injury to you, your dog and other individuals encountered during a walk.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for