Createx manufactures one of the most comprehensive lines of airbrush paints and pigments. These products are used by all types of artists. Among their advantages is that the company produces specific additives that can be used in all of its airbrush paints. These additives include two reducers, or thinners, both of which improve flow and atomisation.
"5608 Illustration Base" is a milder reducer and is recommended for use at low pressure settings with small airbrush tips. "Wicked W100 Reducer" is a higher-strength reducer that prevents dried paint from accumulating in the tip and forming tip-dry.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Airbrush or spray gun jar
- Createx paint or pigment
- Createx reducer (either 5608 Illustration Base or Wicked W100 Reducer)
- Mixing stick
Add the desired amount of Createx paint to the airbrush or spray gun jar. Determine the size and type of tip you will be using for the painting session.
Add enough Createx reducer to the jar to produce the desired consistency. Mix gently and evenly with a stick. Properly reduced paint should be approximately as thick and smooth as milk.
Attach the jar to the airbrush or spray gun. Use the reduced paint within 24 hours of preparation.
Repeat process for each additional coat of paint that is applied after the previous coat has dried.
Tips and warnings
- "5601 Transparent Base" also has reducing properties but it is used mainly as a binder.
- "4011 Flash Reducer - Fast Dry" is manufactured by Createx for its Auto-Air series of automotive detailing paints. It may also be used for reducing Createx art paints.
- Do not use water to thin Createx paints. This will increase tip-dry.
- Recommendations for homemade reducers, such as alcohol and glycerine, or even household chemicals including window cleaner and furniture polish, abound. These have never been formally tested and may cause damage to your airbrush or adversely affect results.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for