Whether or not you're a member of the social network Facebook, pictures of you, your friends or family can grace the website's virtual pages. Anyone can show up in pictures on Facebook. Users of the social website can tag---or add name labels to---the pictures. Finding tagged photos on Facebook requires a Facebook account. Once you've found a picture you can view it, comment on it or request its removal.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Log into the Facebook website using your e-mail address and password.
Click your avatar or name on the top left side of the screen.
Click the Photos link below your avatar.
Scroll down the page to the heading Photos and Videos of You. To the right of this heading, click the See All: Photos link to view all pictures containing a photo tag of your name.
Click an individual photo to make it larger and to view comments and photo tags assigned to that picture.
Click the Remove Tag link next to a name tag to remove it from a photo. Choose the Report This Photo link in the lower left corner of the screen if the photo depicts illegal activity or nudity.
Tips and warnings
- To find tagged photos of someone other than yourself, type the person's name in the search box at the top of the Facebook News Feed page. Choose the person and view his main Facebook page---known as his wall---by clicking the description or avatar of the person. When the wall appears, click the person's name or avatar and follow the instructions for finding a tagged photo.
- You can view someone's tagged photos if she has accepted a "friend request" from you. You can also see her tagged photos if you are a friend to one of her friends and she has set her privacy settings to allow friends of friends to view her personal data on Facebook.
- When a Facebook user tags a photo, the person identified in the photo does not have to approve of or consent to the tag. To be notified of a photo containing a photo tag of your name, you must have a Facebook account and update your privacy settings to include notifications when new photos are posted including a tag of your name.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for