Itchy skin caused by poison ivy, chickenpox or a bad skin condition can be incredibly frustrating. Most people would be willing to throw their mother under a bus to get rid of the itching. But nothing so extreme is necessary. A colloidal oatmeal bath can soothe itchy skin. Colloidal oatmeal is ground into a fine powder and added to the bath. The oatmeal soothes the skin and dries up any open itchy wounds.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Coffee grinder or blender
Place two to three cups of oatmeal into your coffee grinder or blender.
Grind the oats using the finest setting possible on the grinder or oatmeal until the oats are ground into a fine powder.
Place the drain stopper in the bath and begin running warm water. Do not use hot water; it will irritate the skin.
Pour one to two cups of oatmeal into the running water slowly. Add the oats to the stream coming from the faucet to evenly disperse the powder.
Soak in the bath for 10 to 15 minutes. Pat yourself dry.
Tips and warnings
- The bottom of the bathtub will be slick due to the oats. Be careful getting out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for