There are some advantages in using a steam mop over a conventional mop. A steam mop cleans, sanitises and deodorises bare floors without using toxic chemicals. Besides being healthier for family members who may be sensitive to chemicals, using a steam mop means you'll save money by not buying chemical cleaners. Another advantage is that a steam mop is easy to use. It takes only a few simple steps to get it ready. Then you're ready to go! After you're done cleaning, a steam mop is easy to disassemble, too.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Broom or vacuum
- Mop pad
- Washing machine
- Soft cloth
Sweep or vacuum the bare floor to remove lint, dirt, dust and other debris.
Set a mop pad in an upright position on the floor. Lift the steam mop up and set the swivel head inside the pad. Pull the cord on the pad and press the toggle at the same time to tighten the pad.
Remove the water tank. Lift it up and out of its holder. Unscrew the cap and fill the tank with cool water. Replace the cap and slide the tank back into place.
Plug the steam mop's power cord into a grounded 220-240 volt outlet. Wait for the ready light to come on.
Move the steam mop over the bare floor slowly as you press the trigger to release steam. To sanitise, allow the mop to set over an area for at least 15 seconds, but no longer than 20 seconds.
Unplug the power cord when you're done using the steam mop. Remove the mop pad from the swivel head. You can machine wash it.
Empty out the water tank. Wrap the power cord up and wipe the steam mop down with a cloth before you store it in a dry location.
Tips and warnings
- Refill the water tank whenever the steam mop stops putting off steam.
- Read and follow the manufacturer's instructions before you use your steam mop.
- Use caution when removing a used mop pad from the steam mop, as it will be hot.
- Never leave a steam mop unattended when it is plugged in. Keep children and pets away from it.
- Use a steam mop indoors only.
- Do not immerse the mop in water.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for