Making EMF pendants is not just about creating an attractive piece of jewellery. EMF stands for "electromagnetic fields" and relates to the concerns some people have over their constant exposure to electromagnetism in the form of radiation, termed "electropollution". Such pollution results from devices such as mobile phones, television sets, computers and even telecoms systems. An EMF pendant is different to an ordinary fashion accessory in that it purports to help reduce the levels of stress, sleep disorders and general physiological and psychological imbalance associated with being continually bombarded with unwanted radiation from a variety of modern sources.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Polymeric, silicone-based ceramic clay
- Narrow-bore straw
- Household oven
- Quartz crystals
- Fabric necklace material
- Tape measure
- Fabric glue
Create a pendant of any shape, preferably a hanging drop, in a polymeric, silicone-based ceramic clay. Aim to make the pendant approximately 1-1/2 inches in diameter so it is not too heavy. Smooth the clay's surface using your fingertips to make it as even as possible. Maintain a simple design, with a central cavity. Cut out a vertical channel of clay measuring 1/4-inch in diameter and 1/2-inch in depth using a toothpick.
Construct a small hoop at the top of the pendant so it can be attached to a piece of necklace fabric. Make the hoop neat and symmetrical by wrapping a small piece of clay around a narrow-bore straw. When the clay is in place and you have smoothed it into a hoop shape, remove the straw carefully. Fire the pendant in a household oven at 121 degrees Celsius for best results.
Fill the cavity of the pendant with quartz crystals and agate, a known electromagnetic resistance material, using a pipette. Seal the hole using extra clay and a drop of water.
Create a comfortable fabric loop from which to hang your pendant. Decide where you wish the pendant to hang. Make it loose enough around your neck to not feel restrictive, but not too long to create a hazard while you sleep. Measure the length you require using a tape measure and cut it to size. You can use a metal chain or leather strap for the pendant loop, but it may not be as comfortable.
Thread one end through the hoop of your pendant. Thread an additional healing gemstone onto the pendant if you wish, so it lies next to the main pendant. Tie the two ends of the fabric together in a double knot. Prevent the two ends from fraying by adding a little fabric glue and rolling the stray strands together. Allow to dry for an hour.
Tips and warnings
- Do not lend your pendant to others. An EMF pendant is said to regulate itself to work with the wearer's body and, over time, grows to be in tune with the person's internal mechanisms. Sharing your pendant is said to reduce its effect on your well being. According to EMF Pendant, the pendant begins to adjust to your body's functions with 3 to 5 days, providing you wear it 24 hours a day. To avoid the hazards of wearing a necklace while sleeping, such as strangulation, simply wrap the pendant in tissue and place it under your pillow or sheets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for