Shaving is an activity that gets rid of unwanted hair. However, if done improperly, shaving can also leave the skin dry and irritated. In worst case scenarios, shaving can cause unsightly bumps and rashes --- especially in sensitive areas. Prepping the skin, using a pre-shave lotion, protects it and helps prevent damage. You can buy a pre-shave lotion or, with a few simple steps, you can make your own.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Olive oil
- Sweet almond oil
- Eye dropper
- Baby oil
- 70-proof alcohol (for oily skin)
Fill 1/3 of the bottle or jar with olive oil. Add sweet almond oil, leaving three-inches from the top. You'll need the space to add in the baby oil and the alcohol.
Close the cap to the jar and shake it thoroughly. Allow the ingredients in the bottle to settle.
Add approximately 10 drops of baby oil. Use a dropper for less mess. This is used to coat the skin before shaving.
Add approximately four or five drops of alcohol using the dropper. Only use alcohol for oily skin. For dry skin, use three more drops of baby oil instead.
Cap the jar and shake vigorously. Allow the contents to settle before using.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer a different scent, coconut oil or lemon oil can be used to replace the sweet almond oil.
- For men, if you don't wish to use oils, replace the olive oil and sweet almond oil with unscented shower gel.
- Never pour the alcohol into the jar. Always use a dropper to get the exact amount. Too much alcohol may cause skin irritation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for